By Bob Vandenbergh, COO
With all the recent media coverage on financial institutions, have you been considering switching banks? If so, consider your local community bank. You might think that switching banks is a complicated process but, at Lakeland Bank, we make it simple. We have an easy to follow “Switch Kit
" that provides all of the information you need to move your finances from one bank to another.
Just follow these four steps to switch today!
Step 1: Open a New Account with Lakeland Bank
Prior to opening a new bank account, take the tiime to explore the different banking products.
Step 2: Switch Your Direct Deposit
Step 3: Redirect Your Automatic Payments
• Print out and complete the Direct Deposit Form
• Take the form to your employer’s payroll department.
Step 4: Close Your Old Bank Accounts
• Print out and complete an Automatic Payment Change Form
for each automatic payment you have set-up (such as your monthly car loan or mortgage payments).
• Ensure that all checks and transactions have cleared before you close the account.
• Print out and complete the Account Closing Form.
If you have any questions about our Switch Kit, call us at 866-224-1379 for assistance. You can also visit us online at lakelandbank.com
or stop by any of our office locations